Who are NRNs?
Non-resident Nepali” means a foreign citizen of Nepalese origin and this term also includes a Nepalese citizen residing abroad. “Foreign citizen of Nepalese origin” means a person who him/herself or whose father, mother grandfather or grandmother was a citizen of Nepal at any time and has subsequently acquired the citizenship of any other foreign country other than a member country of the South Asian Association of Regional Co-operation (SAARC). “Nepali citizen residing abroad” means a Nepali citizen who has been residing in any foreign country for at least two years engaged in any profession, occupation, business and employment except a Nepalese citizen residing in a member country of SAARC or serving in a diplomatic mission or consulate situated in a foreign country under the assignment of the Government of Nepal and pursuing studies in an academic institution in a foreign country. Family members of NRN can also register as NRN and obtain their ID cards.
Documents required for NRN-Card
1. Documents verifying the citizenship of country of residence,
2. If the citizenship of Nepal has been renounced the evidence of such renunciation
3. If the citizenship of Nepal has been renounced the evidence of such District or the documents showing (verifying) that he/she has been the citizen of Nepal,
4. If engaged in any occupation or business out of Nepal in any country, the documents related to the registration of the business,
5. If engaged in any employment out of Nepal in any country, the documents verifying such,
6. Two copies of recently taken passport size photos.
7. Fee: RMB 490
Nepali residing abroad
1. Copy of Nepali Citizenship Certificate
2. Copy of Nepali Passport
3. If residing abroad engaging in any business, the documents related to the registration of that business
4. If residing abroad engaging in an occupation or employment, the documents verifying it
5. If working in any International Organization, the appointment letter of the organization the documents explaining present work status
6. Two copies of recently taken passport size photos
7. Fee: RMB 490