Name: Leela Mani Paudyal
Address: Baletaksar – 5, Gulmi, Nepal
Date of Birth: 12 May 1962
Current Address: Embassy of Nepal, Beijing, China
Academic Qualification: Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Tribhuwan University in 1989
Present Involvement: Ambassador of Nepal to People’s Republic of China – Nov 16, 2016 onwards
1. Chief Secretary (Cabinet Secretary) of the Government of Nepal: August 7, 2012-August 6, 2015.
2. Secretary of the Government of Nepal
Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers (March 30, 2009-May 2011 & Sept 2011-August 2012); Ministry of Home Affairs (May 2011-Sept 2011); Ministry of Information & Communications (Nov 1, 2008- March 29, 2009); & Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation (Nov 2007- Oct 31, 2008)
3. Consul General of Nepal to the Tibet Autonomous Region of China (Nov 2003- July 2007)
4. Joint Secretary (JS) in the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies & Director General (DG) of the Department of Cottage and Small Industries (Sept 2000 – Oct 2003); Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Commerce (Feb 1998 – Sept 2000)
5. Part time Lecturer of Managerial Finance for Bachelor in Business Studies/ Business Administration in the Tribhuwan University and Kathmandu University affiliated colleges (1997-2003).
6. Involved in social/anticorruption campaigns such as Bagmati Cleanup Volunteer Campaign; campaigns against evasion of taxes, misuse of public property and corruptions in development projects. Conducted a discourse to college students on “Social Transformation Through Positive Thinking” (2012-2016) and column writer in “Nepal” magazine (2015-2016).
Research, Publications and Studies:
Internal Auditing Theory and Practices in the Nepalese Perspective (A reference book)
Social Service, Traveling, Yoga, Meditation
Austria, Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Belgium, Bhutan, Canada, China, Germany, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Mongolia, Mexico, The Netherlands, Pakistan, The Philippines, South Africa, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam.