Mr. Mahendra Bahadur Pandey
Date of Birth: May 19, 1948
Address: Likhu Rural Municipality, Ward No. 1 Rawalswanra, Nuwakot
Temporary: Kathmandu Metropolitan City Ward 32, Koteshwor, Kathmandu
Contact in Nepal: Residence: +977-01-4460202, Cell Phone: +977-9851165214
Contact in Beijing: Office: 010-65325729, Cell Phone: 18612274544,
Parents: Father: Mr. Phatta Bahadur Pandey, Mother: Bishnu Maya Pandey
Spouse: Mrs. Bhim Kumari Thapa, Daughter: Liberty Pandey, Son: Wisdom Pandey
Academic Qualification: M.Ed. from Tribhuwan University (TU), BL from TU.
Conflict Resolution Studies from Ulster University, Ireland (Chevening Scholarship)
High Level Responsibility:
Served as the Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Government of Nepal 2014 and 2015.
Chief Whip of Parliament, CPN UML, Parliamentary Party 2006.
Member of Parliament CPN UML, Parliamentary Party since 1999.
Member Secretary of Social Welfare Council, Government of Nepal in 1995
Served as an associate professor in the Tribhuwan University, since 1975 to 1994.
Party Affiliation and Responsibility:
- Central Committee Member of Nepal Communist Party (NEKAPA) Since 2018
- Polit Bureau Member, CPN UML, since 2005
- Central Committee Member, CPN UML Since 2000
- Central Committee Member, Communist Party of Nepal (Marxist and Leninist and Mao-thought), 1969.
High-Level Visits, Delegate and Key Responsibility Performed
- Participated in the 69th & 70th General Assembly of the United Nations in 2014 and 2015, New York.
- Participated in the BIMSTEC Summit held in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar in 2014.
- Leading Delegation in the high-level meetings with Foreign Minister of India in 2014 and 2015.
- Participated in the 18th SAARC Summit held in Kathmandu in 2014.
- Leading Delegation in the 18th SAARC Ministerial Meeting held in Kathmandu in 2014
- Leading Delegation in the high-level meetings with Foreign Minister of China in 2015 in Beijing and Kathmandu
Diplomatic Efficiency: Understands Nepal’s Foreign Policy, International Conventions and UN Charters, the TOR of the ambassadors, Role and Responsibilities of the Nepal Missions, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Government of Nepal, Political, Economic, Cultural and Public Diplomacy, Practice Diplomatic Code of Conducts and Languages, Dress Codes, Diplomatic Decorum, other Diplomatic Practices as practiced in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Nepal in the capacity of Foreign Minister.